Pages

335 113-7 shunting at Muhldorf Depot

Monday 29 December 2008

OMWB (On my work-bench) December 08

I have been taking the opportunity of a break in the exhibition schedule to do some small improve-
ments to the regular rolling stock from Widnes Road. This has included finally getting around to replacing the last of the old hook-style couplings with Kadee's. The wagons that were left to do were all in the 'too-difficult' box from last time and required varying levels of surgery from the Dremel.

Whilst I had the various wagons on the workbench I added other details such as air and vacuum pipes, lamps and replacing broken buffers. This particular brake-van received the full works.
All that remains to be done is a light to medium weathering.
Amongst the trickier items to fit kadee's to were some of the kit-built ones such as this Nuclear Flask wagon; eventually an adapted No. 20 did the job.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like the new header picture too...

    ReplyDelete