Pages

335 113-7 shunting at Muhldorf Depot

Monday 4 April 2011

New Film Scanner = Nostalgia Time...



I've just treated myself to a new high-definition film scanner, as I really needed to get round to digitising my pre-2000 railway images. It just makes it easier to search for a particular shot or subject if they are all in one electronic filling system. Its a daunting task though; some 15 years of photography before I purchased my first digital camera in 2000. Considering in the last 10 years I've taken something like 15,000 photos, there are a fair few to scan from the previous years.
Here is a sample of the first two rolls of films I've scanned; from July 1989. the first two are taken at Carlisle on 3rd July, the second pair at Glasgow Queen Street later that week.

The final shot is from a random selection taken early in 1990, just outside Old Oak Common. I have no idea what each film contains until I  see the scanner preview. I'm wallowing in nostalgia...

No comments:

Post a Comment