Pages

335 113-7 shunting at Muhldorf Depot

Monday 1 July 2013

DEMU Showcase - Last show for Widnes Road (for now)

Next weekend is the Diesel and Electric Modelers United show at Burton Town Hall; and is the last chance to see my OO-gauge BR Blue layout for some time, as it’s is going into semi-retirement whilst I concentrate on my continental HO and N-gauge modelling. I think such a great showcase of British D&E modelling is a good place to give it an airing. I may take it out again, but I will limit it to one or maybe two shows a year going forward, the need to be constantly updating and maintaining Widnes Road has kept me busy for the last eight years, but I really fancy a change. I may start an HO exhibition layout soon, but first I need to get my home layout largely finished first. The details for this exhibition are as below:
DEMU Showcase 2013
DEMU Showcase is the premier UK exhibition dedicated to diesel and electric modelling.
Opening Times
Saturday 6 July 2013 10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 7 July 2013 10.00 - 16.00
(Advance ticket holders gain access 15 minutes before the advertised opening times ie at 0945.)
Admission charges
Single day tickets - valid for either day:
Adults £7
DEMU members and U16s £5
Families (2 adults and unlimited children) £20
Weekend tickets - valid for both days:
Adults £12
DEMU members £8
Purchase advance tickets (booking fees apply unfortunately!). Advance ticket sales will close on Wednesday 3 July 2013.
Free show guides will be available for everyone.
Venue
Burton Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB. Map

The Town Hall is situated very close to the railway station in Burton upon Trent. There is a public car park at the Town Hall, please be aware that East Staffs Borough Council have recently made this a pay and display car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment