Pages

335 113-7 shunting at Muhldorf Depot

Thursday 19 February 2009

Widnes Road - Mark 2.5

I just can't help myself; whilst I had Widnes Road apart to build a new and improved fiddle yard, which is built and just awaiting the track laying I decided I could model the 'back' of the depot building as well as the front.

A trip to B&Q and a few hours (well two days really) and Widnes Road had grown again, by a whole extra 10 inches (plus the extra 8" on the fiddle yard). This has the added benefit that the two sidings on this board have also been lengthened.

While I had the buildings off and was making a mess anyway, I took the opportunity to get the 'jigsaw' our and cut a long hole in the baseboard to fit an inspection pit, which is the beginnings of modelling the inside of the depot building which will eventually be lit. The plan is to scratch build some small depot buildings to fill the space between the depot and the relocated bridge, and a low relief shed to form a scenic break.

No comments:

Post a Comment